For Start 5.7 and 5.7.1, numerous code optimizations and internal adjustments were made. The primary focus was on stability and bug fixes.
Bug fixes and other adjustments
- In light mode, the search text for entries in the main window was not always underlined in the correct color.
- The recording of recently used applications was not always reliable and sometimes significantly more entries were displayed.
- In rare cases it could happen that Start performed several updates at the same time and crashed.
- The optional display of categories of files, folders, URLs and shortcuts is now done automatically when adding/removing the corresponding items to the currently selected tag. Previously, these categories were only updated when the main window was redisplayed and then shown or hidden accordingly.
- When the input focus was set to the search field, the display of entries in Start was not always correctly focused at the same time.
- The indicator for currently active applications now visually adapts better to the current state (selected, ...) of the entry.
- When searching via the search field, the result was not always in the correct order.
- A change of the tag icon via the popup menu was not displayed immediately in every case.
- Start now also supports a double tap of the keys Command, Option or Control as hotkey.
- You can display an overview of the hotkeys you have stored in Start in the menu.
- When a configuration window is open in Start, hotkeys and the main window are disabled until the configuration window is closed again. Now, if another application comes to the foreground when a configuration window is open, it seems that Start would stop responding. This is not the case - there is only a configuration window still open in the background. Start 5.7.1 optimizes this by bringing a configuration window that may be open in the background to the foreground when the menu icon is clicked.